Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm back!

Yes, I know, it's been quite a while since my last post. I just never got around to it and most of the time when I could've written something I just didn't know what to write.
Well, I have been super busy with some wholesale orders that needed to go out before the end of last week and now things have calmed down a bit and I am able to focus on my Etsy shop a bit more. Sales have been very very slow over there in my little sweet Etsy shop. I am not quite sure why. I get a lot of view and hearts, but they don't equal sales. So, I am on a mission to get to the root of that problem and bring things up to speed with perhaps taking more pictures of me wearing the item. I think a lot of people might not get the right idea about the size of some of my items. Lowering my prices is not an option at all. That just means that I undervalue my work which is never ever a good thing when you are trying to make it in this business. People always expect bargains left and right, but I just can't lower my prices just to make a sale. For me its not just about selling, it's about having a customer who appreciates my work, who looks great wearing it and is happy with the overall shopping experience at my shop.

I am in the design stages of creating more copper and silver earrings. Hoping that some of my additional supplies will arrive this week so that I can get these done and posted.

Winter has arrived here! We've had some snow for about a week and I love it. The only thing that bothers me that I have to dig out my Audi every day. Since the car is parked on the edge of the street my car gets buried every time a snowplow comes along.
It's dark now already almost at 2PM. The days with daylight are getting gradually shorter and pretty soon we'll have 22 hrs of darkness for about a month.
I find it extremely inspiring having all these arctic conditions here. I think I am way more focused and creative at this time of the year.

Okay, I will leave a bit more to write for next time....:-)

Hope you are doing all well wherever you are!

Hugs,

Sabine:-)

No comments: