Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yippeee! The sun is coming!

After a three month long arctic darkness period, the sun has made an appearance! Slowly, every day the sun will make its way more and more over the horizon. We all crave it. Even though the wintery darkness here gives me tremendous inspiration regarding my creativity, it also brings with it a tad of sadness or in some cases depression, which luckily hasn't effected me in any way yet.
I am looking forward to see what this year has in store for me. I'm excited about life and the endless possibilities that lie ahead. I am working really hard to do some marketing outside of Norway to get more international business. Etsy has been absolutely great for that. Most of my customers are from overseas and from other parts of Europe. I feel so blessed to have quite a nice following. There is no better feeling than making things people love. My creativity constantly gets a boost. I do realize now that I need to take a break from the creative urge once in a while and just chill. I am a firm believer in never taking the eye off the tiger, to stay focused and not get side-tracked is a very important every-day reminder for me.

I am waiting on some incredibly beautiful Cabochons that hopefully should arrive sometime this coming week. Thinking about making some rings, a ton of it. My twig and branch style items ( there are a couple of them in my Etsy shop ) have them quite popular here in Europe with some of my wholesalers. 

It's almost 9pm and I need to get a couple of orders packaged up to be send off tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a fun-filled sunday!

oxox
Sabine

No comments: