Saturday, November 26, 2011

New Rings

Hello friends,

It's been a while since I made rings for my Etsy shop. Yesterday I got a package from  my German stone seller and I could not resist using them. I wanted to make simple, yet modern rings with stunning stones. I absolutely love them. All of these stones are hand cut and polished by Guenther, a hobbyist stone cutter. He travels to places all around the world, excavates rocks, cuts and polishes them. He is a good friend of my dad and always knows what kinds of stones I am looking for.
Agate druzy ring in a beautiful mint color.



Agate druzy ring in a beautiful mint color.




Mexican Lace Agate 

Brecciated Mookaite ring

Brecciated Mookaite ring



Relic ring in hand casted sterling silver


Relic ring in hand casted sterling silver




Relic ring in hand casted sterling silver


Beautiful Azurite ring.




"Sunburst" necklace with bezel set rose cut chalcedony


Aztec necklace in sterling silver and Arizona turquoise. The triangular shape is hand casted from sterling silver in a very rustic style.


Aztec necklace in sterling silver and Arizona turquoise. The triangular shape is hand casted from sterling silver in a very rustic style.


And lastly:
Hand casted snowflake necklace in a satin finish without oxidation. I LOVE this one! I have made a few of them now for custom orders over here.



I am still working on earrings. Not quite sure when I will be able to have them ready. Perhaps the beginning of next week.

We still don't have any snow which I can say I don't mind. No sliding down the iced up streets or digging out the car from underneath a mountain of snow. I've shut down production for today. I might have to spend some studio time tomorrow to finish up a couple of items. However, if it's nice outside I'll hit the trails instead. Brisk walking in some fresh forest air.....can't beat that!

THANK YOU for ALL those incredible positive comments and feedback some of you have been sending me about my latest work! So grateful for that! Often,when trying something new with my work I feel vulnerable, not knowing if this is going to work. Ultimately, like I mentioned before, I have to feel that it's right, that it comes from deep within and that it rocks enough for me to wear it.
There will be more items coming in the next couple of months that will be a marriage of hand casted items, rough beads and bezel set stones.

By the way:
Do you mind if the chain on some heavier, hand cast items is something else other than sterling silver? I am thinking that a beautiful, sturdy gunmetal or brass chain would keep the cost down of some of the more elaborate items. What do you think?

If you live in the US I hope you are having a lovely Thanksgiving weekend!

Happy trails,

Thanks for reading!

xox
Sabine















No comments: