Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Re-strategizing

I have been thinking so much lately about my designs and how much I would like to go in a different direction. Not completely away from what I do now, but my muse is craving a bit more rough, edgy and rugged designs that I need to follow to stay true to myself as an artist. I see that my larger bezel set items don't sell that much. Not sure if it is the price, or perhaps the designs are too mainstream or not pleasing to the eye? Regardless, I never make anything I don't want to make. If it doesn't feel right I won't make it. With this said, I am working on sketching out a new line with more hand casted pieces. I will still be making bezel set items, but with simpler, more refined embellishments.
Next month, John and I are going to Germany to foremost visit my family, attend a craft show and also to purchase a ton of new stones, both for his stone shop and for me. So, to clear up some space for new items I am offering a 15% discount on all marked items ( except items in my SALE section ) until Nov.12th and then the discount goes up to 20% until November 20th. Sorry, I will not be able to reserve items during this time!
In the meanwhile I will be working on new items. Not sure if any of them will make it into the shop before the closing of my sale. I'll see what happens, however there will definitively be previews here on my blog.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm off casting some silver! :)

Have a wonderful sunny day!


Thanks for reading!

xox
Sabine

2 comments:

littlecherryhill said...

ooh can't wait to see what your new line will be! I am still trying to find my 'true' style...the more new things I learn the harder it is to see....All the best with your sale ♥

Anonymous said...

Sabine - I ready this post the other day and can so relate. I find myself moving from drawing & painting to jewelry...a completely different medium! I agree you have to go with your gut when it comes to creativity...if you feel a pull in a different direction, it would be stifling to not investigate it! Those who enjoy your work will like the new things too (because they will still be "you"). And you may find new customers as well. :) p.s. Love the new cast pieces.