Friday, October 8, 2010

New organic pieces

I guess my love for nature and especially fall really shines through in my work lately. Yesterday I ordered a ton of new cabs, some of them are gorgeous colored druzies, agates and all kinds of jaspers. Most of them are quite small which I will turn into earrings. I realize that I haven't made a lot of earrings for quite a long time. It was really my intention today to make a whole bunch, but I was just sitting there feeling like I have some sort of creative block when it came to thinking up a cool new design. I did however, have no problems making new necklaces.
The one pair of earrings that you see in this batch I had made a couple of weeks ago but had forgotten to take pictures of them. They are awesome ( me thinks ). They come with oval bezel set rainbow moonstones. The patina really makes the blue-ish flash come out in this lovely stones.
They are listed here:






Here we feature a hand sawed birch leaf necklace with a 9mm bezel set mother of pearl cabochon. 





This is the exact leaf that I replicated.


Click here for the listing:


The exact same leaf in copper minus the pearl but with two "drops of dew" from sterling silver.
I lightly oxidized it for a more dramatic and rustic effect. 





Will be available in the shop a little later on today!


And then there is another organic leaf necklace, this one also boasts a bezel set mother of pearl cab. A lovely design and great for everyday wear or to a nice black V-neck.






This adorable lotus pendant necklace is set with a 7mm amber cabochon.
I obviously obsessed with botanical jewelry lately.





Most of these will make it into the shop sometime today. If not, then for sure tomorrow!

Thanks for reading!


xx- Sabine




























No comments: