Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Early morning madness

Geez, some nights I just can't seem to sleep longer than 6 hours. I got up at 6 am, went out to shovel some snow ( yes, it snowed again, and it just keeps on going ), came in, took a shower and started baking an apple pie. And this at 7:30 in the morning. I woke up John with the smell of the baking pie. He thought I had gone bananas baking at such an hour.
I often miss baking. I find it extremely relaxing and soothing. Like my cooking style, I always make way too much. John always says that my portions are meant for an army, not for two people. I think it has something to do with having worked as a pastry chef and making everything in large batches.

I just came back from the post office with some gorgeous Rubies and other lovely Cabochons that I have been anxiously waiting for. Now I am just sitting here with a big smile on my face looking at these lovely stones. I can't wait to implement them in some new designs. I mean, can you imagine Rubies with oxidized silver?? I guess I will be busy for the next few days...:-D

Now I'm off to making dinner ( sweet and sour wok with rice ).

Hugs,

Sabine:-)

No comments: