Friday, March 20, 2009

Ramblings and such

I really don't want to make a big issue out of others copying my work. In a way I find it actually quite flattering. However, I get a bit saddened when you look at those shops and find that they don't use their own ideas and inspiration. Often, just a couple of days after listing a new product I can see those shops selling the same pieces. I work hard on coming up with my own ideas and designs. I know that we, as jewelry designers often get inspired by others in the same profession. I think that is cool, but more importantly, one has to feel good about ones work and the place deep within where the initial inspiration comes from. It's okay to be inspired, and yes I know that most jewelry techniques and designs have been re-done thousand fold. I get that. In my case I get this incredible blissful feeling when I follow my own inspiration and ideas when finishing a piece of jewelry that I can call my own. Think outside the box, is my message for today.

I am really grateful for being able to do what I do on a daily basis. My life is great. I could not ask for more! I'll leave on this note tonight! :-)

I'm off to bed! I've got to get up early to do some work before John goes to bed tomorrow morning when he gets home ( he's working the night shift ). Respectively I won't hammer around in my studio when he's sleeping, although he always tells me that it's okay. I just can't get myself to do it.

xx
Nighty night!



No comments: