Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Good day

Helloww all,

I guess rainy days are paying off in the studio. Just finished a couple of items today that I think look absolutely stunning. I purchased some Paua shell cabochons last week. The colors are so deeply saturated, anything from deep indigo to green and turquoise.
One is a pendant necklace and the other one is a ring featuring some handmade organic elements. The only thing I did not make on this ring is the bead cap. Both of these lovely items are oxidized and brushed to bring out the details. I'll be making more like these ones. Hope you like 'em as much as I do.
Now I am going to bake some breads. Again, I'm on a baking frenzy as well. Often, while I have items in the tumbler or in the pickling pot I bake. I feel really lucky to combine my two loves, even though only one of them brings me an income. I can actually not remember the last time I felt bored. Boredom is a complete foreign word to me. There is always something interesting to do or to learn. I like to fill my days with as many joyful things as possible. Yes, I admit it's not always doable, especially when my regular day job takes a lot energy out of me. However, for me it's important to not throw away precious time. It's a learning process and I have to remind myself, still.

I'll be posting some bread pictures later!

Til then take care and don't forget to have some fun!

xx,
Sabine







No comments: