Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm back

After a long hiatus from blogging I have decided to start up again. One of the major reasons that kept me from keeping my blog updated was my last day job that took a lot out of me mentally and physically.
However, things have changed. We finally moved to the south coast of Norway about 6 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I am still looking for job to get me started here. My clientele regarding my jewelry is not big enough yet here that I can afford to work from home full time. So I am hoping to find a full time or part job for the time being. Not easy, especially being a foreigner. It is extremely difficult here in Norway to find a job if you are a foreigner. The jobs that seem to be the easiest to get are cleaning jobs which always seem to be filled by foreigners. Sad really, but it is reality. There are so many unbelievably talented and educated people from all over the world, yet they can't seem to find work.
Anyways, I am going to leave that subject alone and hope I will find something decent that won't wear me out too much so I can still follow my first passion which is metalsmithing.
In the meanwhile I am using my time to further my jewelry business. I was so happy last week when a local boutique decided to sell my jewelry! Great start, right?
I have also opened up my Etsy shop again and hope that I will make some sales there as well. Not easy selling on Etsy these days with sooo many jewelry designers. On the other hand it pushes me to work harder and come up with different designs. There are so many unbelievably talented people that one has to really stand out in order to make sales.

On this note I will attach some of my latest pieces and hope that you all will like the direction I am going with my jewelry designs.

xx,
Sabine










1 comment:

janil said...

Love you are here again!!!!! Lovely work!!!!


a big hug!