Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sun, warmth and inspiration

Gosh, I can't even tell you how nice it is to have made this move here to lovely Sandefjord. Today we have 22 degrees celsius! It has been the warmest day of this year so far. Right now we have a full blooming cherry tree, an apple tree and some other lovely bushes in our backyard. Birds chirping and neighbor cats making their presence known. It is almost like paradise and reminds me a lot southern Germany where I grew up. I have been feeling so incredibly inspired lately that I have a hard time staying out of my studio. I think I am going to work on some earrings for the rest of the week. Perhaps a couple of rings as well.

Okay, off to finish some more of my projects I started earlier today!

Below is my latest piece I just finished. It is composed of sterling silver and a chrysoprase cabochon.
I purchased this stone, along with a few others alike in a German mineral store last summer. This stone is just so incredibly beautiful and organic. It is smooth, but left purposely in a non glossy polish. I think this stone goes well with the rustic, organic setting. An oxidized and selective brushed finish brings out the details.


xx,
Sabine



No comments: