Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy friday everyone!
Today I managed to spend some time in my studio and these two beauties are what I have to show for ( for now ).
Two different pieces. Most of the time I have to have some sort of vision or sketch something out meticulously before I start working on a piece, but the idea for these two came about while I was staring out the my window in front of my bench. A clear vision and I had to act upon it right away. Ideas often come to my mind at odd places and most of the time I don't bother drawing them down thinking I would remember. Hah! Not so! I have to write down everything now. My mind is on overload these days and my ability to concentrate on one thing isn't the greatest.
Before I bore you more with my ramblings, here are the two additions:
One sun/moon necklace with hand sawed scalloped edge. Lightly oxidized and brushed to a nice and smooth satin finish.
The other  one is a amber necklace, three layers of hand sawed pieces. Also oxidized, but this one has been polished to a bright and shiny finish.
Both will be available in my Etsy shop sometime this evening!

Thanks for reading!

xo - Sabine


No comments: