Sunday, September 12, 2010

A sunday drive



Today John and I went for a drive to Stavern which is a small artist driven town about a 20 minute drive from here. Just beautiful! We went to the local museum, the beach, had some ice cream and enjoyed an awesome fall day.
I got so inspired that I had to make a couple of new pieces when we got home. I had started one already but had to put it to rest last night since I just didn't know how to go further with it. All it takes sometimes is time away, out of the house to refresh my spirit. It works most of the time.
Both necklaces are composed of Indonesian agate cabs. One features tons of embellishments that ties together all the swirls and textures of the golden agate.
The other piece features a nicely polished agate with colors of white, browns and dark greens. There are even two small druzies with tiny crystals. The edge of the baseplate is scalloped and textured. Both items have been oxidized and given a nice and smooth satin finish to bring out the details.

Going to finish a custom order and then I am going to bake a loaf or two of bread. Ahhh, I love days like these.

Both necklaces are listed in my Etsy shop!


Have a great sunday!


xx - Sabine




A sculpture crafted by a local artist
Towards the beach in Stavern. Check out the rugged and stoney landscape. 
John
Along the beach
National monument for sailors killed in the 1st and 2nd world war.
Rugged beach terrain

No comments: