Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Red River Jasper Bracelet/ Necklace

I have been hoarding this stone for over a year now. I took it out of my cabochon drawer about a month ago not being quite sure what to make with it.  I was never quite sure what I would make with it. I went back and forth between a necklace and a bracelet. Trying to figure out what looks best.  Well, since I couldn't decide I made it into a piece of jewelry that can be worn as both, a necklace and a bracelet. I'm super happy with the result. I think it looks stunning. I purchased this stone in Germany last year as I was visiting my family. Swirls of cream and gorgeous rusty red colors make up this highly polished stone. I opted for a 4mm thick black rubber ( silicone ) string, sterling silver end pieces and a lobster claw closure.  I love the simplicity of it. It fits perfectly for a wrist of 6 3/4"- 8" inches ( that includes the 1" inch extender chain ). It looks best when it fits a bit snug around the wrist. And the best part is is that it can be worn as a necklace as well.
The length of the string is 22" inches.

Back into the studio. I have a couple of more things on the bench that need attending! :)

Hope your weekend was great!


Happy monday everyone!




xx - Sabine















No comments: