Friday, September 17, 2010

My version of a challah

My other passion besides metalsmithing is baking. I used to be a pastry chef when I lived in Canada. After my solder wouldn't want to flow easy today I decided to go and check my pantry to see if I have enough ingredients to make a pastry ( or two ). John works mostly nights and I often make him some sort of goodies to take along to the office. This gives me a chance to bake once in a while. I bake bread on a weekly basis, but I LOVE to try something different once in a while. 
Wish you were here. The apartment is filled with the smell of this delicious pastry:
Today I made a challah ( a jewish style bread ). I filled each strand with my handmade frangipane, a french style almond filling. It's a time consuming pastry, but utterly delicious.
I regret not having taken pictures during the process of making it. I also just eyeball the ingredients since I don't really have a recipe for it. I will try and see if I can write it out and so I can post it and let you try to make this. Your family would love it!

Now you'll have to excuse me while I sneak into the kitchen and slice myself a piece of this warm pastry. Perhaps a large cup of hot chocolate to go with it? 

Happy friday everyone!


xx - Sabine



No comments: