Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12, 2011

Hello friends!
How was your weekend?
Mine was great fun. We've been having such rainy fall weather in the last few days and it made me get very domestic. I baked bread, cleaned out part of my studio space, made a casserole and spend some time getting acquainted with sand casting.


I made two new necklaces which I am very proud off. I think they turned out really well. It took me quite a few times to get it right, but I wasn't about to give up. In the end I prevailed :)

One is a faceted pendant which is casted from an old vintage button:







and the other one is a medallion pendant which is cast from an old brass button.

Both have been lightly oxidized to show off detail. I have one faceted piece left which I'll make into a ring.

Have a fantabulous monday!

"See" you tomorrow!

xox
Sabine

4 comments:

Gemheaven said...

I'd love to learn how to cast ~ why do our lists of things to learn never end ;) Beautiful work :)

My Creative Community said...

Thanks so much Jo!
I think it's a good thing that we choose to learn something new. Keeps things interesting. Casting is not as difficult as it looks, it's just a bit tricky to get the silver heated to the right temperature so that it doesn't harden before it hits the mold.

Have a great week! :)

littlecherryhill said...

Oh looks like you have been having fun lately learning something new! I'd love to learn to cast.

My Creative Community said...

Yes, I absolutely love to cast these days. It's time consuming, but loads of fun :)