Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sept. 24, 2011

First of all I'd like to extend a HUGE Thank You to all of you who snaggled up a few items from my shop this past week! WOW! I am truly humbled! Every single sale inspires me to continue on my path of  metal- smithing and makes me want to stretch myself as a metal artist!


Here are a two items fresh from the bench today:
Left the sand casting alone today and decided to make a couple of bezel set items with some pretty new stones I got in the mail last week!
First we have a stunning picture jasper heart cabochon that is set in sterling silver ( swoon, look at the pattern on this beauty ). I wanted to keep the setting simple to make the stone the center of attention.











The second item is a "Garden Party" necklace that showcases a beautiful ocean jasper cabochon that is suspended  off a cute hand pierced flower, embellished with a mother of pearl.









I am still having a few projects I am working on, but it's almost 6pm and I think I will have to keep my promise to J. that I am making breaded chicken nuggets for dinner. So I better get cracking in the kitchen and leave the studio alone for the time being.
Looking forward to spend an evening on the couch watching a recording of this weeks Project Runway!

What are your plans for today?

Have a great one!

Thanks for reading!

Sabine

No comments: