Saturday, September 10, 2011

Walnut alert!

Been working on sand casting today and boy gosh I think I might have to dig out all my natural objects I have been finding when going on my walks. They will need to be cast.
Today I made a couple of walnut pendants which turned out really lovely. I actually let out a big chipper "YES" when I dug them out of the sand. I do have to admit that it is a tedious process and I had a few tries that didn't go so well. But that is the fun part for me, to learn something new and to have more creative outlets. It is a stinky process. I think I might have to call it a day since John is thinking about putting my gas mask on. I stank up the whole house.
Nevertheless it was great fun and I will be doing another batch tomorrow.

I made two of the walnut pendants, one for me and one for the shop.
Not quite sure if I should oxidize them or not. What do you think?








Thanks for reading!
xox
Sabine

No comments: