Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sept.28, 2011

While I am patiently waiting for my silver sheets to arrive I did some more casting:
It's been a great day! I am pleased as punch that my pieces are turning out so well. There haven't been any mishaps at all today. In between sipping on hot chocolate ( after a rigorous spinning exercise ) I managed to make three crescent moon pendants, two rings and two drop pendants. I made the molds myself. The drop pendants I wanted to keep organic looking with tiny little inclusions. They look great with an oxidized patina.

Heating up the silver with a bit of borax powder.

After the pendant has been casted

Burn marks from the casting process

This is what it looks like when it gets taken out of the molds. The lower funnel part remains after pouring and needs to be sawed off.


The finished pendant, after buffing and oxidizing.



Crescent Moon in solid sterling silver.




Oh, I almost forgot to include the Daisy which I finished today! Hand formed petals on a round baseplate with a glowing amber cabochon. Lovely.




After a few nights last week of bouts with insomnia I feel like on top of the world these past few days. I have been exercising more rigorously. There is a Bikram yoga studio opening up down the street. I think I will give it a try.
But for now: Couch, book and tea.

Have a great day lovelies!

Thanks for reading!

Sabine











2 comments:

Gemheaven said...

Oh yeah those are fab and thanks for showing me a little of the process ~ One day I will try it ;0)

My Creative Community said...

Thanks! I will post a more detailed process in the next little while. Missed to take a few pictures in what goes on in between!
Yeah, try it! You'll love it! Plus it's a good way to use silver scrap :)